Wednesday

“Relying on multitasking as a way of life, we chop up our opportunities and abilities to make big-picture sense of the world and pursue our long-term goals,” she writes. “The way we live is eroding our capacity for deep, sustained, perceptive attention – the building block of intimacy, wisdom, and cultural progress.” Ms. Jackson concludes that “as we plunge into a new world of infinitely connectible and accessible information, we risk losing our means and ability to go beneath the surface, to think deeply.” (Maggie Jackson)

I stole this quote from my friend's brother's blog... And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hi Joy! I found your blog on Kristi's blog. This is Melissa (Woolbright) Mietzner. So great that you have a blog! I think it's a great way to stay in touch. You have a beautiful family. Stay in touch! I have a blog too
www.melsmommyblog.typepad.com
Beijos!
Melissa